PDA

View Full Version : Stocks Worth Taking a Look At.

Krank
02-22-2008, 10:21 AM
I spend about 8 hours a day sifting through stocks, mostly PM's. I obviously can't buy everything I find, but I tend to write the symbols of anything that interests me in my large daytimer along with the current price. Occasionally, I'll skim back through them and compare how they're doing weeks or months later. I'd love to tell you they're all 10 baggers but of course they aren't. Having said that, it's surprising how many actually do make money.

Rather than just leaving them in my daytimer, I think I'll start posting these PM leads in this thread. If I buy them, I'll post that too. I invite everyone to join me in doing the same thing and maybe we can create a thread of nothing but stock leads. I'm putting this in the Bar&Grill because it may include PM's, energy, etc. companys. Obviously, anyone acting on any of these needs to do their own due diligence, but sometimes the toughest thing is just finding out about a stock.

If anyone actually does act on any, please let us know whether they turn out to be stars or dogs.

Krank
02-22-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm not recommending this play, I just ran across it in my daily routine and it looks interesting enough to me that someone may appreciate the lead. Here's the latest news and as always DYODD.

Benton mobilizes drill to new high grade nickel, copper, platinum and palladium discovery at Bark Lake

09:24 EST Friday, Feb 22, 2008

THUNDER BAY, ON, Feb. 22 /CNW/ - Benton Resources Corp. ("Benton" or the "Company") is pleased to report that the Company has mobilized a drill to the Bark Lake project. The first phase drill program will consist of 5-7 holes totaling a minimum of 1000 metres of drilling. The program will focus on testing moderate to strong induced polarization anomalies coincidental with magnetic anomalies. These anomalies lie within close proximity to high grade base and precious metal surface samples which returned individual assays grading up to 1.5% Nickel, 1.2% Copper, 2.6 grams per tonne (gpt) Platinum, 1.4gpt Palladium and 0.7gpt gold. 12 out of the 16 samples taken from the area returned results higher in Platinum than Palladium. Management believes the project has excellent potential and results of the diamond drilling program will be released as they are received.
<MORE> at http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet/WireFeedRedirect?cf=GlobeInvestor/config&vg=BigAdVariableGenerator&date=20080222&archive=nlk&slug=00010739

www.bentonresources.ca

Krank
02-28-2008, 08:01 AM
I like what I see in this stock and I will buy if it closes above $0.80. It was $0.65 when I first posted, now @ $0.71. Why wait . . . because its hanging around two many moving averages and needs to break above the upper bollinger band. I will bail @ about $1.15.

Krank
02-28-2008, 08:07 AM
UPPER LAKE OIL AND GAS LTD. is engaged in the exploration for, and the acquisition, development and production of oil and natural gas reserves in Alberta. I should have posted on this before. I bought on Feb 8 @ $0.64.
It currently sits at $0.92 but I love the chart and I'm holding this for longer term. Daily Volumes are a little weak but enough to trade a few thousand shares without difficulty. As always DYODD.

Krank
02-28-2008, 08:17 AM
My favourite stock. Molybdenum www.ttmresources.ca
Stock price is $1.34. I bought it a long time ago @$0.62 and must have commented on it on Silverbug33's thread at least a couple of times. It looks like its finally breaking out and I will continue to hold. This one should hit $3- $5 imho. MacD, RSI, Stochastic and Williams all looking positive and stock has moved above the upper bollinger band which should now provide support above $1.22.

As always DYODD.

goldbuggerer
02-28-2008, 09:15 AM
your opinion is valuable and i appreciate your sharing your work.

i will look at the ones you post.

how about answering questions on individual stocks, is that included in your service? for example SA. i used to day trade it, but it seems to have some problem relative to pog.

Krank
02-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Assume you mean SA-A (Seabridge). Nope, not getting into that one . . . too volitile, but good for option trades. Everyone knows it's going to be taken out, the question is what'll the premium be and when. Right this moment, the charts all show weakness but this sucker can change direction instantly & I smell it coming.

If someone twisted my arm and said I have to trade it today, I'd guess the 50 and 200dma will provide support right about here, assuming all hell doesn't break loose with POG, so I'd buy the May 25 Call and sell when it hits the upper bollinger band at about $30. If it blew thru the upper band, I'd either continue to hold it until about $34 or sell half.

That's just a quick guess . . . DYODD.

SAEE - Might as well list the bid $4.10 and ask $4.30 so we can come back to it.

Krank
03-03-2008, 10:51 AM
TTM Resources Inc. receives NI 43-101 report on Chu Molybdeum Project

00:10 EST Monday, March 03, 2008

TSX-V Symbol: TTQ

US Clearing Symbol: TTMRF

Issued and Outstanding 46,968,876

VANCOUVER, March 3 /CNW/ - TTM Resources Inc. is pleased to announce the filing of the NI 43-101 compliant report entitled "Report and Resource Estimation on the Chu Molybdenum Property" written by G.H. Giroux P.Eng MASc. and E. Ostensoe P.Geo. on its wholly owned Chu Property near Vanderhoof, BC. The Report describes methods employed to outline the previously announced Resource Estimate (see January 29, 2008 news release) <MORE>

http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet/story/CNW.20080303.C7917/GIStory/

Igor01
03-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Krank, do you know if Animas (http://www.24hgold.com/InfoCompany.aspx?id=4063) is worth buying? Thanks in advance.

Krank
03-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Krank, do you know if Animas (http://www.24hgold.com/InfoCompany.aspx?id=4063) is worth buying? Thanks in advance.

I've never heard of it before, but that's what this thread is all about. I just took a quick boo at it so DYODD but there's only 21M shares so I like that, it has reasonable average daily volume for the last month, they're hiring new staff, they're exploring a lot of sites (6), they've already arranged preliminary financing (which is going to be a problem for microcaps if credit continues to tighten), the trend is up, its down a few cents today after attempting a little run but looks like it found resistence at the upper bollinger band.

If you like the stock and you've done due diligence on it, my quess is the 50dma should provide support, so it may attempt another breakout. After a close above the upper band, it should then become support where it's now providing resistance, and the MacD looks like it may want to improve. I'm not licenced to give advice so I won't, but it doesn't look bad to me. Its your call . . . good luck.

chief
03-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Krank,
What do you think about GPMX.OB? It is a moly/ gold play. I bought it at
$.40, and it has been disappointing me!

Igor01
03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
I've never heard of it before, but that's what this thread is all about. I just took a quick boo at it so DYODD but there's only 21M shares so I like that, it has reasonable average daily volume for the last month, they're hiring new staff, they're exploring a lot of sites (6), they've already arranged preliminary financing (which is going to be a problem for microcaps if credit continues to tighten), the trend is up, its down a few cents today after attempting a little run but looks like it found resistence at the upper bollinger band.

If you like the stock and you've done due diligence on it, my quess is the 50dma should provide support, so it may attempt another breakout. After a close above the upper band, it should then become support where it's now providing resistance, and the MacD looks like it may want to improve. I'm not licenced to give advice so I won't, but it doesn't look bad to me. Its your call . . . good luck.

Many thanks, Krank, your great advice gives me some good points to consider.

Krank
03-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Krank,
What do you think about GPMX.OB? It is a moly/ gold play.

Sorry, system won't pick it up.

Krank
03-04-2008, 10:28 AM
TTM interviewed @ Prospectors & Develpers Association of Canada, International Convention, Trade Show & Investors Exchange-Mining Investment Show (PDAC2008). This interview should explain why I'm so interested in this company and should provide additional information like what exactly a 43-101 is and what it represents. This is an 8 minute video and as you can see there are dozens of other interesting videos/presentations/companys. BNN TV cuts to the show to interview people all day long. All PM analysts are at this show so we may hear about a lot of new small caps over the next week or so.

Scroll down to TTM Resources to an IstrikeInvestment interview.
http://www.istrikeinvestments.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=10&Itemid=47

If You'd like to investigate other companys, here's another link.The PDAC International Convention, Trade Show and Investors Exchange is the most important event in the world of exploration, bringing together over 18,000 attendees from all over the globe. If you've got a mining company and you want investors to learn about it, this is the largest show like it in the world.
http://www.pdac.ca/pdac/conv/index.html

"Investors interested in researching this sector should attend the PDAC Investors Exchange; the leading investment show dedicated solely to the mineral industry. The show, which runs concurrently with the Trade Show is made up of four parts:

600 exhibitors

an Investors Forum featuring investment experts which gives delegates a good overview of what’s happening in the mining industry

the Exchange Forum where approximately 100 company promotional presentations are given

the Prospectors Tent where Prospectors display their maps and samples
Every micro, small, medium and large cap company attends".
http://www.pdac.ca/pdac/conv/2008/ie-exhibitor.html

BNN is at PDAC2008 and just reported attendence now 20,000+ miners, analysts and especially investors. I gotta go next year!

Krank
03-05-2008, 11:38 AM
It's really nice to see insiders with so much faith in their company that they don't wait for stock options, but do it the same way we do it . . . buy stock in the public market.

http://www.canadianinsider.com/coReport/allTransactions.php?ticker=ttq

Krank
03-06-2008, 10:03 AM

Just reviewing some stuff . . . if you bought ANI-X Igor I'd continue to hold it as its looking stronger now . . . hehe.

Krank
03-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Assume you mean SA-A (Seabridge). Nope, not getting into that one . . . too volitile, but good for option trades. Everyone knows it's going to be taken out, the question is what'll the premium be and when. Right this moment, the charts all show weakness but this sucker can change direction instantly & I smell it coming.

If someone twisted my arm and said I have to trade it today, I'd guess the 50 and 200dma will provide support right about here, assuming all hell doesn't break loose with POG, so I'd buy the May 25 Call and sell when it hits the upper bollinger band at about $30. If it blew thru the upper band, I'd either continue to hold it until about $34 or sell half.

That's just a quick guess . . . DYODD.

SAEE - Might as well list the bid $4.10 and ask $4.30 so we can come back to it.

Darn volitile stock. OK the 50dma will provide resistence but lotsa time left so I'd continue to hold the Calls. Current bid is $3.10.

Krank
03-06-2008, 10:20 AM
My favourite stock. Molybdenum www.ttmresources.ca
Stock price is $1.34. I bought it a long time ago @$0.62 and must have commented on it on Silverbug33's thread at least a couple of times. It looks like its finally breaking out and I will continue to hold. This one should hit $3- $5 imho. MacD, RSI, Stochastic and Williams all looking positive and stock has moved above the upper bollinger band which should now provide support above $1.22.

As always DYODD.

Stock price is now $1.65, news is wonderful and technicals are Maaavalous.

If you're playing it, sell it when the MacD starts to turn down or looks like its going to cross down over the signal line. If you're in it for the 5-10-20-30 bagger just ignore everything and hold it for a few years.