PDA

View Full Version : A Video to Give You a Better Understanding of Bitcoin

Silver Dog
01-13-2014, 11:04 PM
Bitcoin Myths Exposed! - A Conversation with Erik Voorhees (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBF7Sev2dZM)

Listen and please comment.

I think this currency should be a tiny part of your portfolio depending on your risk aversion. If you play the lottery I think this would be a much better investment vehicle or gambling vehicle. I like the concept because it is free market based and like is stated in the video, governments will want to crush it if it competes with their own morally corrupt and violence based system.

Ectophile
01-14-2014, 04:01 PM
I'd rather invest in tulip bulbs. At least when that crashes, I'll have some tulips to grow in my garden.

Bitcoin was invented out of nothing, and it's backed by nothing. If enough people think it's worth something, then it will be worth something. If people get bored of it and decide it's worthless, then it will be worthless.

chuchumanga
01-14-2014, 05:15 PM
_____________ was invented out of nothing, and it's backed by nothing. If enough people think it's worth something, then it will be worth something. If people get bored of it and decide it's worthless, then it will be worthless.

Mad Libs, anyone?

SteelandSilver
01-14-2014, 09:24 PM
I'd rather invest in tulip bulbs. At least when that crashes, I'll have some tulips to grow in my garden.

Bitcoin was invented out of nothing, and it's backed by nothing. If enough people think it's worth something, then it will be worth something. If people get bored of it and decide it's worthless, then it will be worthless.

I have some silver and gold and it has earned me nothing - and I continue to hold it. I have some crypto currencies and it's earned me crazy money. lol

varebear72
01-15-2014, 04:39 AM
I just read where China is buying a ton of this so called bitcoin and once it was only 20 bucks it is now worth almost 1000....what gives with this piece? I think you can even pay for stuff on Amazon now with bitcoin