PDA

View Full Version : Palladium is making me Slap Happy :)

Malamute
02-20-2008, 04:20 AM
Is anyone else as happy as i am to see Palladium making a nice move up? I been sitting on Pd in a heavy manner ( 50% my entire PM horde) for many years now, and to see us at $500 makes me feel like one of the smartest buggers around. :D
Most people start out with Silver or gold, but i seen palladium and said, thats for me. I had $1000 bux to spend when i started and i bought 5 oz Pd and 2 Silver eagles. I've come a long way from there, was smart enough to avoid those sky high prices and started piling gold instead, then when Pd came back down i started buying and buying and hording and buying all the way down and half the way back up. stopped buying at $320 and am just in it for the ride.

Now i just need McMansions to come down in price and i will so buy one. :D

Anyhow, It's nice to know i am already so far ahead, and i know Pd has a long way to go in the future as well. Profit in the short term and long term. Gotto love this stuff.

elsensei
02-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Believe it or not I hit it just above the most recent low, a few years back. I got in at 200 an ounce and liked it because

1. at 200, it's freaking cheap no matter what.
2. they're gonna keep printin' those dollars, hence price of everything will rise.
3. sooner or later they're gonna have to switch back to pd from pt for autocats. it happened before it'll happen again.
4. cold fusion is going to require something rare and trippy like pd (my longshot reason.)
5. pd binds 800 times it's volume in hydrogen, and i think it'll be a necessary component of fuel-cell vehicles if they ever get off the ground.

so i took the plunge and threw in for 500 ounces. i still have 480 of them. My plan has been to be up to my eyeballs in US dollar debt, and have all of my assets in anything BUT dollars or any other fiat currency. As the dollar falls, the assets rise amd the debt gets cheaper. When gold hits 2 grand I'll sell 180 ounces, take the 360 thou and put it in some cd or something that pays higher interest than my mortgage (still have 6 years to go at 4.5%) and be making money. Then once the rate adjusts, either pay it off in one shot or do somethign else depending on the differentials between the adjusted rate and the current interest rates for investments.

Why am i telling you all this? Cause it's early morning and i felt like talking. :) Plus, the more my pd bullet points get out there, the more people will adopt them as their own, the more they'll tell other people, the more other people will get out of corroding usdollars and into real commodity money, the greater the value of my own assets.

MyBids
02-20-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm flippin out now becuase it's back down and acting stoopball.

Slytoocan
02-20-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm flippin out now becuase it's back down and acting stoopball.

What in the world does that mean? Sorry to ask for clarification but yer got me there...:)

MyBids
02-20-2008, 05:59 PM
lol...stoopball means it's acting like I don't want it to act!

MyBids
02-20-2008, 06:11 PM
And now it's no longer acting stoopball becuase it's up $9 like I want it to be!

SilverNitrate
02-20-2008, 09:10 PM
so i took the plunge and threw in for 500 ounces. i still have 480 of them. My plan has been to be up to my eyeballs in US dollar debt, and have all of my assets in anything BUT dollars or any other fiat currency. As the dollar falls, the assets rise amd the debt gets cheaper. When gold hits 2 grand I'll sell 180 ounces, take the 360 thou and put it in some cd or something that pays higher interest than my mortgage (still have 6 years to go at 4.5%) and be making money.

So there are some rich people out there! 4.5% mortgage, and I couldn't get anything less than 8.25% (fixed)
Anyways I told many people (some years back) to buy precious metal rather than real-estate, noone listened ofcourse. Real estate over 5 years = 0-10% return gold/silver/platinum= 250%! and palladium which crashed from $1100 to $160 I said buy this stuff because it's very available (Pamp and Stillwater ingots made the scene) I made a small hoard a $175 since many just wanted to get rid of it even for a few bucks over spot. Now times have changed.

For one you don't have to purchase insurance on your PM neither for you have to pay property taxes on it like you would do real-estate.

assesingsit
02-20-2008, 09:23 PM
So there are some rich people out there! 4.5% mortgage, and I couldn't get anything less than 8.25% (fixed)
Anyways I told many people (some years back) to buy precious metal rather than real-estate, noone listened ofcourse. Real estate over 5 years = 0-10% return gold/silver/platinum= 250%! and palladium which crashed from $1100 to $160 I said buy this stuff because it's very available (Pamp and Stillwater ingots made the scene) I made a small hoard a $175 since many just wanted to get rid of it even for a few bucks over spot. Now times have changed.

For one you don't have to purchase insurance on your PM neither for you have to pay property taxes on it like you would do real-estate.

Im in long term realestate and like my investments that I hold long term before all the crap % inceases , I have been buying now I wait ,,what i don't like is that i did not buy pd:mad: But the good thing is I got PAL low and am holding closed at 8.04 at over a 30% gain for me so far and some of my properties have gained fourfold and not dropping nor will they this area came up 28% or less in the past 5 yrs and I have been in it a little longer than that

SilverNitrate
02-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Im in long term realestate and like my investments that I hold long term before all the crap % inceases , I have been buying now I wait ,,what i don't like is that i did not buy pd:mad: But the good thing is I got PAL low and am holding closed at 8.04 at over a 30% gain for me so far and some of my properties have gained fourfold and not dropping nor will they this area came up 28% or less in the past 5 yrs and I have been in it a little longer than that

There is money in real-estate if you happened to get in it at the right time and got it for a good deal, but for those who have bought at market price houses (2&3 flats) in any city ghetto USA and have luckily sold it in past month (Many I know have only break even after they subtracted the insurance, estate taxes, utilities, and capital gain tax) Ok you could pocket some from the rents... but hey not worth all the headaches!