02-19-2008, 08:23 AM
I love it when gold defies gravity,whats the top ?on this run :cool:

OnlyA
02-19-2008, 08:24 AM
I love it when gold defies gravity,whats the top ?on this run :cool:

I hope topless. :D

Thomas Jefferson
02-19-2008, 08:28 AM
Topless indeed.I am looking for the golden mean to tell me when to party on this heap:cool:

Joseph
02-19-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm hoping she keeps her shirt on and goes sideways after a healthy gain, otherwise we might see a similar correction?

OnlyA
02-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Today's headlines: Record inflation in US, China, EU, China Au demand up 26%, electricity shortages in SA, oil passed 97 $ today !!!!, ...

I dont think so.

Awakened1
02-19-2008, 08:40 AM
nice gain this morning after a week or so of just floating in the low 900s. Nice. Still cant believe Platinum and its gains...would like to see Au follow suit

denaliguide
02-19-2008, 09:13 AM
RULE 1 & Rule 2 of profits
Rule 1 is always sell spikes, you know the ones that go parabolic in true classic rhino horn up curve. Rule 2 - Scale out. Corrolary of rule 2 is JS Sinclair, AGGRESSIVE INVESTING scale rule = buy your core postion, and make room in it to SELL 1/3 of your holding into strength, and then use those proceeds to repurchase that 1/3 ON WEAKNESS.

So if you got a core divisibile by 3, sell that THIRD when the indicators get impossibly overbought. IF THE THIRD IS DIVISIBLE, you could scale out of the top by selling 1/3 of your THIRD when the indicators go over bought, 1/3 of your THIRD when the OVERBOUGHT INDICATOR fails to better a peak [ HOURLY or MINUTELY chart if need be ], and then LAST 1/3 of your THIRD when the OVERBOUGHT Signal lines or stochastic's cross downward.

That should be enuf excitement till the next up leg. If your THIRD is not divisible, such as a coin, sell your THIRD when you see your OVERBOUGHT CREST on an HOURLY CHART, or thereabouts, IMO.

That is the best scientific wild a$$ed guess I can give you in a parabolic environment, and it is IMO, only.

While not in platinum, I can tell you I have regretted each and every time I have failed to sell out that classic "Rhino Horn" spike.

Good luck

dg

Gold_Spot
02-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Denaliguide, I agree with both rules. However, with that said, recognizing when the rhino horn is forming, or not, can be problematic. For example, todays action. Is it a rhino horn or breaking out of its most recent wedge? If a breakout, there can be a lot of room to run before it slides downward. I'm thinking it is a breakout, so won't be selling anything.

Prospector
02-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Denaliguide, I agree with both rules. However, with that said, recognizing when the rhino horn is forming, or not, can be problematic. For example, todays action. Is it a rhino horn or breaking out of its most recent wedge? If a breakout, there can be a lot of room to run before it slides downward. I'm thinking it is a breakout, so won't be selling anything.
There is a simple test: How bad would you feel if you don't sell and it drops back to yesterday's price? If your answer is "Ho hum," it's not time to sell. If your answer is "Pretty bad," it's time to sell. Remember Warren Buffet's secret: "I usually bought too early and sold too early."

ted1102
02-19-2008, 11:07 AM
This is the breakout of the third triangle and the beginning of the third and most powerful Elliot Wave.The third and final leg is always the strongest. We should easily see 1000 to 1030 very soon before a 5% pull back to 950-970.

Goldeye
02-19-2008, 11:35 AM
As of a week or so ago I am back to being 100% in goldies (gold stox). After reading selected postings on Sinclair's website in the last week and Ski's latest comments on 321gold.com over the weekend I feel my bullishness is well justified. I also looked at the charts of quite a few goldies and the ratio of selected indices to gold etc. among other things. My interpretations are just that -- my interpretations, so please Dyodd. Jmvho. fwiw.

theSECRETweapon
02-19-2008, 12:01 PM
There is a simple test: How bad would you feel if you don't sell and it drops back to yesterday's price? If your answer is "Ho hum," it's not time to sell.

excellent perspective. my daily and unchanging feeling is ho-hum...

ted1102
02-19-2008, 12:49 PM
My response is "Where else would you put your MONEY" The way the economy and the markets are going, its seems like the only place to be. I will ride the waves and sell after it hits the upper BB 5 times and buy below the 18 day MA.

Lord Lister
02-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Trust me on this one, pissed off, sold at 919 :(