PDA

View Full Version : when will gold move like platinum...

gold stacks
02-17-2008, 09:05 PM
I own some platinum and have just gone drunk with happieness watching the recent move from around 1500 to almost 2100 in about 17 trading sessions. Ive never seen such a move in a PM in my lifetime. Even when gold went from 788 to 900 in the beginning of the year it still isnt as dramatic as whats been happining with platinum HOWEVER, its clear to see what can happen with the right conditions. I wonder if we could ever see such a strong move in gold from say 900 to 1300 in a month.

I would assume that all heck would be breaking loose for such a thing to happen but after seeing what platinum has just done I now know its possible..

goldielocks
02-17-2008, 09:11 PM
more importantly, do ratios matter, does gold have to move higher by default? what about palladium, maybe that could double in the coming months as a replacement to platimum?

Commoner
02-17-2008, 09:30 PM
I donít see gold doing what platinum has just done, because in a way gold also functions as money. If gold were to do such a thing perhaps we would all be in big trouble. This is not to say that gold will not continue to go up Ė but it does have other governing factors. Now Palladium on the other hand could. History has just shown us what can happen in such a rise as platinum in the price of nickel and to a lesser extent copper. I just might place some bets on nickel to go back up.

Malamute
02-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Speaking of Nickel, they are opening a nickel mine up here by me in da yooper. :)

kingofgold
02-18-2008, 03:14 AM
it will...it will..move like platinum one day .. you GATA keep patience

well.. i think next week is THE WEEK OF GOLD

Skirnir
02-18-2008, 03:55 AM
I'd be very cautious until the IMF dump. I'm holding out until the technicals say it's safe to go in...until then, hate to say it, but I've got some paper floating around.

traderneal
02-18-2008, 12:02 PM
The IMF dump is not happening. It was strictly designed to get people thinking it might and thus it puts a cap on the price. Plus, Congress has to approve the sale, and that's not happening.

Second, IMO, gold will never move like Plat as the market will never, in a million years, allow a move like that. The CB's, cabal, and DA BOYZ, would throw anything and everything against gold in order to halt such a rise. I am sure the COMEX would have say in the matter also.

The IMF would have an announcement something along the lines of "we are going to sell our gold, and we really, really, REALLY, mean it this time.

CarRide
02-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I think I'm going to change my forum name from CarRide to "Why?" or "How?" or "Huh?" or "Lost Again!"

but I've got to ask the question :

Why will the US not OK the IMF sale of gold?

Polybius
02-18-2008, 01:20 PM
The day when gold moves like platinum did in the past few weeks is when the powers that be lose control of global currency and it's also when they'll outlaw the trading of it or confiscate it. Be careful what you wish for you might get it.