PDA

View Full Version : Litecoins could follow Bitcoins?

BacardiBreezer
11-18-2013, 04:43 AM
The price of Litecoins is still very affordable, while Bitcoins cost more than 500 $.

Still, LTC increased 68 times since January 1st, 2013:
http://www.primevalues.org/market-watch/litecoin-follow-bitcoin.htm

I think it might be a good opportunity to buy.

Agnostic Bug
11-18-2013, 06:16 AM
You might be right. Could be a sliver/gold relationship with BTC/LTC. Worth looking into.

jon444
11-18-2013, 07:19 AM
A complementary coin will be necessary because of bitcoin's slow validation process (and other small problems you can read about in the btc forum-like early adopters owning most bitcoins etc)
Litecoin is considered the best contender because of faster validation

BacardiBreezer
11-18-2013, 07:43 AM
Yes, but why couldn't Litecoin go as high as Bitcoin?

Like if bitcoin hit 600 $ today, why couldn't Litecoin reach 500 $?

It is created faster, some say it's more secure and it's much cheaper!

The masses still haven't bought in. I could see more growth in terms of percentage with Litecoin.

Why not?

jon444
11-18-2013, 08:01 AM
BTC is being push more aggressively by the media right now. There is a BTC exchange in China. There are BTC ATMs in some countries.
I guess owning some LTC isnt a bad idea

BacardiBreezer
11-18-2013, 10:07 AM
BTC is being push more aggressively by the media right now. There is a BTC exchange in China. There are BTC ATMs in some countries.
I guess owning some LTC isnt a bad idea

The BTC ATMs are giving away what? Physical BTC?

DaveUK
11-18-2013, 10:24 AM
As more crypto currencies appear there will be diminishing returns, one of the main selling points for Bitcoin was the limit on the total number of bitcoins supposedly meaning no inflation, but there can be inflation in the total number of coins across all crypto currencies, as more alternative come on line demand will drop. they could carry on up for a while, but I'm seeing a potential bubble so I'm out

jon444
11-18-2013, 03:09 PM
The BTC ATMs are giving away what? Physical BTC?

They get a unique series of numbers (BTC) on a piece of paper.
I ve also read that most people purchasing BTC at the ATMs dont really understand what they are nor how to use them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoiAewo5K7s#t=0
It will get easier to use with time I suppose.

MrPenny0408
11-18-2013, 06:27 PM
You might be right. Could be a sliver/gold relationship with BTC/LTC. Worth looking into.

I can't remember the exact numbers, but the ratio was around 1btc/4ltc. If I remember right, it was something like 21 million btc and 85 million ltc. There could be a gsr like ratio happening between the two... Not saying there is, but food for thought. Wish I would have picked some up when i originally looked into LTC, it was at .16.... Oh well...

Silver and Gold
11-18-2013, 10:51 PM
There will be many left holding the bag when everyone heads for the exit.

Bitcoin dives 30% after touching record $900

The virtual currency fell to as low as $585 on Mt Gox Exchange, before rebounding to around $750.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101208682