PDA

View Full Version : At what price to sell?

AUfool
02-12-2008, 03:13 AM
Obviously, platinum is on a roll. I bought in at $1600 exactly. Also clear is the truth that it will eventually have a correction of some depth. Given that fact of life, where do people think a good selling price might be?

This is based on the idea of selling just before the major correction in order to buy back in at the bottom. I'm saying no steep correction until after $2400...

AUfool
02-12-2008, 06:32 PM
I guess I should clarify...today's little dive does not qualify in my book as a "steep correction". I'm talking about a drop of $150-200 in a couple of days.

wrestlingbulls
02-12-2008, 07:02 PM
i think platinum has a shot will above 2500 before it settles at 2100-2300.

AUfool
02-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Here's an industry insider prediction:

http://www.miningweekly.co.za/article.php?a_id=126852

wrestlingbulls
02-17-2008, 03:00 AM
aufool-what do you think platinum will close at this coming up friday 2-22? you have been right on with your predictions.

AUfool
02-17-2008, 06:12 AM
aufool-what do you think platinum will close at this coming up friday 2-22? you have been right on with your predictions.

First, let me say that my luck so far in predicting platinum's precise rise last week and in catching the rising star at $1600 for my latest buy-in were just that...

LUCK.

That said, and with a fresh Windexing of the crystal ball just done, I'll call the week like this:

Friday closes at $2144 after a week where some days actually do not set new record highs! A few may be shaken out as the price will dip below $2000 temporarily at some time this week. Not me. Mine isn't selling until $2350 to $2400 comes up in early March or even possibly late February. After that peak, I expect a pullback to $2150 or so.

So...there you have it! I'll either be a glowing guru or more likely just another schmuck with egg on his face but that's what I predict.

AUfool
02-20-2008, 07:06 AM
We got pretty used to the daily routine $50 hikes in platinum, didn't we? I'm wondering if this pullback to $2066 is hitting support here or if this is the "big one" I mentioned in my previous post that could take us below $2000 for a brief moment this week.

I admit that after 14 or 15 straight days of broken records, the downdrafts, even modest ones like this so far, make me a bit queasy (read "greed and fear waging war in the belly"). Thoughts of taking profit here do crop up. We're in new cool-air heights and have very little reference for just what the price "might ought to be".

I hear that some traders in Japan got a bit fed up with new limits and started selling off platinum contracts. If the idea of profit-taking grows in popularity and follows the sun across Europe and the Americas, it may take us down to hit $2000. There was also talk in Japan about "no real supply squeeze yet" due to the observation that platinum lease rates have not budged.

Bottom line remains: Most everyone agrees there will be a shortage of the metal this year. I still think we'll see $2300~2400 before Easter and a fallback to around $2150 moving into Spring. After a short consolidation there is about when the actual supply squeeze could start to show up. Then...who knows?

Anyway...I hope I'm right because I'm not selling this dip. I believe that the PGMs are indispensible to future "green technology" applications as well as having a solid footing in jewelry, present industrial/technology/transportation/medical uses and also growing in popularity as a monetary/investment medium.

These higher and rising prices on PGMs are here to stay and the upside is not nearly exhausted on this bull.

AUfool
02-20-2008, 11:27 AM
It looks like $2066 was the bottom for this week...at least to me. Today the trading is heading back higher...looking at Bullion Direct's quotes it's climbing back up fast and at $2124 right now while Kitco is still showing $2089.

ONWARD AND UPWARD! $2144 (AT LEAST) CLOSE THIS WEEK STILL LOOKS GOOD TO ME. COULD BE AS HIGH AS $2250 IF WE RESUME THE GULF-STREAM TAILWIND OF THE LAST THREE WEEKS.

gold stacks
02-20-2008, 03:07 PM
I started to watch the drop las tnight and thought "welp, thats it" lol

then to my suprise were only down a few bucks @ 2121... I wont panic and would have to think we will see a small correction but seeing the 60.00 reveral from the 206X area sure was nice to see...

Its possible that platinum may still make gains from here. But id be happy with a little sideways action if its truely sideways..

I havent sold, but am feeling a bit itchy. just a bit though...

Heruur
02-20-2008, 08:43 PM
wellprobably see a $100 or so correction that will shake em up good then WHAMMO!!!!! Up to 2500 or more!

ts1089
02-21-2008, 01:02 PM
to me...its not about price, its about time.
all the money you have in PM's is money you shouldnt need.;)
Thefore, the time to sell will be late 2011. sell it all, buy 30 or so acres with running water,pay cash, and stock up on food!!!:eek:
TSHTF in 2012,be ready.:( :(

Heruur
02-21-2008, 06:01 PM
IMHO TSHTF a lot sooner than 2012 :(

dtrvler
02-21-2008, 07:48 PM
this is just the start of an incredible metals run.
Think about this: If the dollar is 98% debased since 1913, then if it gets cut in half, it will then be 99% debased. Gold will be 1900. Then if it is cut in half again, it will be 99.5% debased. Gold will be 3800. Then if it is cut in half again, it will be 99.75% debased. Gold will be 7600 then. Then if it (the dollar)
gets cut in half again, gold will be 15,200.00. And so on to infinity.
This is why it is very difficult to intelligently discuss the price at which one would sell...Gold (or Pt)will double each time the dollar gets cut in half. the number of dollars that it takes to buy an ounce of gold or Pt starts to become meaningless when it's a wheelbarrow load of paper...
Anyway it is something to consider...
One might be better off trading the Pt for land or some other tangible, paid for asset when the "time" comes.

All the best...

mespe
02-22-2008, 06:42 AM
I think Pt will continue to rise, until the recession/depression hits and there is no need for catalysts, or atleast a reduced need,,,I only have 1/10 ounce of Pt (Bought it with 1/10 AU and 1 AG for $237) I'll be happy to sell that PT and get that free gold/silver,,,

Argiros
02-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Pt down $32, Pd up $6... looks like time to sell Pt and buy Pd with profits. I'm seriously considering this. I'd buy back Pt at $1700-$1800. Pd I don't see selling for a long time...

Will let you know what I decide. Anyone else having the same thought today?

alkeme3
02-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Pt down $32, Pd up $6... looks like time to sell Pt and buy Pd with profits. I'm seriously considering this. I'd buy back Pt at $1700-$1800. Pd I don't see selling for a long time...

Will let you know what I decide. Anyone else having the same thought today?

Honestly I had the same thought. At the end of January. When Pt went to 1700 again. Fortunately I didn't dump it. But I did pick up some Pd in Feb.

I'm not ready to profit take on the Pt yet.

AUfool
02-25-2008, 08:41 PM
For my money's worth, I'm hanging on. News out of Africa suports further problems with power, coal, etc. Demand is not going to subside.

I think "it's a good thing" as Martha Stewart might say, that platinum is relaxing a bit this week. Give it a few days to catch a breather. I think we are going to $2400 or so by Easter.

Argiros
02-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks gents :) Makes my decision easier. My advise to myself was to leave my position alone unless I wanted to liquidate the majority of it... which is exaclty what I was thinking about today, but I think I'll hold a bit. The PPR is now at almost 4:1 rather than 4,5+-. I did just cash in on it. If this treand continues to pt 2050 and Pd to 558, I'm gonna have to rethink my positions. On the upside, I would think a sell would be $2300-$2600, but who knows?? Has to equallize between 2:1-3:1 one would figure... Then it would be time to buy back the Pt... :o I don't know! :p Well see, my positions are about as good as thier gonna get! Quite measly, yet very proud of them :D

cheers,

oklabrow
02-25-2008, 10:02 PM
With power shortages in South Africa, the Chinese delegation visiting Zimbabwe wanting some platinum mining action, the funds accumulating stocks of the physical metal, 400,000 to 600,000 ounce shortages in the supply versus demand for the forseeable future, how can you sell? Or, is the news out and its time to sell? I am generally a victim of Murphy's Law in these matters. If I sell, prices will skyrocket, on the other hand, my holding will trigger an incredible correction.
Presently, the platinum eagle market is offering an opportunity to improve the quality of your platinum. The price rises are actually putting a nice premium on business strike eagles, and at the same time the rapid price increases have taken the premium out of prices of some of the more scarce proof and uncirculated dates and denominations. Buying some of the "more collectible" eagles may provide a limited downside protection during a correction. During the price rise, quality proof coins, boxed with COA's are going for a small increment over the business strike. As the price has been rising, you can sell the business strike shortly after buying the proof and break even or actually make a small profit. If you know your platinum a little, and your platinum eagles a little, check it out. If you don't, "Don't." Good luck with your platinum decisions either way.

Heruur
02-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Here comes the correction to shake 'em up a bit :D

wrestlingbulls
02-26-2008, 08:32 PM
AUfool-when do you think platinum will takeoff again? you have been accurate on all of your predictions. its been kinda boring just watching it sit in the 2100's the last few days.

AUfool
02-27-2008, 07:47 PM
AUfool-when do you think platinum will takeoff again? you have been accurate on all of your predictions. its been kinda boring just watching it sit in the 2100's the last few days.

I'm giving it until end of March to show new signs of serious growth. I expect $2350 or so by then. But, really, I have no basis for my belief/hope.

It has been a little unnerving to watch silver and pd this week while pt languished, and it does make one wonder whether pt would have taken a dive had the environment not been so supportive of the metals in general (dollar way down, near-certainty of more cuts, inflation confessions, etc).

It will be interesting to see what happens to pt on the next down day for the other metals. I have been impressed, on the one hand, that it has stayed well above $2000 and seems to like the $2144 area as a sideways centerline.

I'm not looking to sell, but I'm definitely watching it closely. Not buying more at the moment, either. Of course, I'm not buying gold or silver or palladium this week either.

It's been rather a rush, the platinum this past five weeks, now the silverbugs and palladium promoters get their turn. The apparent belief is that platinum got ahead of itself a bit. Better to see a few days of slacking in an otherwise major upswing than a big ugly correction while the others sit still, don't you think?

Overall, I'm very excited about the present and future value of my gold and platinum stash and plan to continue holding. I may even add some silver soon, although I really don't like the bulky and tarnishability aspects.

To prove that I am no prediction guru, I must admit that I sold my one paltry token ounce of palladium about five weeks ago for $400 after holding it for an uneventful and very boring year. I made $75! Whoooeeee!

The lesson: Don't sell out of boredom. The good side of that was that the 400 then became a very small part of my good-sized $1600/oz platinum buy on Jan 25 which was incredibly timely, as we all know now.

So...$2350 by April fools day...that's my hopeful prediction for platinum.

alkeme3
02-28-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm thinkin if Pt goes below 2100 I'll sell. Not because I don't want to keep it but because I need the cash (https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=13166) and the other PMs are lookin more like keepers right now than Pt.

Of course, Pt is going up today lol. I got a few weeks before taxes are due anyway.

AUfool
02-28-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm thinkin if Pt goes below 2100 I'll sell. Not because I don't want to keep it but because I need the cash (https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=13166) and the other PMs are lookin more like keepers right now than Pt.

Of course, Pt is going up today lol. I got a few weeks before taxes are due anyway.

Yeah...it sure has been anemic the past few days alright. But I broke down and bought one more ounce today at $2040...an Aussie Koala showed up on BD Nucleo at $2040 asking price...could not resist at $100 under spot.

The real test will be whether platinum's dreary streak turns into a plunge below $2066 or so, I think, on the first day the other metals trade sideways. So far, it looks like the general pm bouyancy is holding platinum up against a fairly strong gravitational pull. I may take a loss in profit, having bought in at $1600, but I'm not selling unless she heads below $2000. Even then I might hang on.

gold stacks
02-28-2008, 07:34 PM
I myself am estatic with platinum since in all reality, from you and I got in we have maintained our gains. This 2100 range is impressing me alot. I thought that the 2100 or so level was a basic support line and in the past trading day or so its been tested and survived. Im not selling nor am I buying. I did however peel back a 1/4 to someone as a hedge to lock in but whats a 1/4 of this,(nothing), so all and all I still have my stack..

GS

oklabrow
02-28-2008, 10:41 PM
On 2/19/08 I shipped a small lot of quarter, half and full ounce business strike platinum eagles into New York. They were received at 11:30 Monday the 25th. As of todays close, 2/28, they have not been checked in. Those folks are very busy checking in materials. I suspect many folks dumped eagles on the market. The price I received on the 19th was $2106. The price is still in that area today. Will we run out of sellers first or buyers?
The premiums paid on ebay seem to be contracting, but so do the numbers of listings. The poll on this thread seems to indicate many more sellers will be unloading at $2400 than at the $2100 - $2200 area. At this time it appears if the $2080 area holds the $2400 area could be very exciting.
Luckily, the funds from the platinum sale went into the kitco palladium pool at $444. Now I have to figure out that market also. Nice Problems, you have to understand that. Will I leave to much on the table or be to greedy. The only thing for certain ... Hindsight will be an exact science.

gold stacks
02-28-2008, 11:58 PM
we tested the 2100 range AGAIN this evening only to pass the test. It shot all the way back up to 2154.00 currently..

GS

AUfool
02-28-2008, 11:59 PM
I will go out on a limb here and say that Friday, Leap Day, will break the sideways downdrift pattern we've seen in Pt this week. I look for a day high of over $2210 and a close between $2165 and $2190.

Big Sister Platinum led the way for this recent bull rush; now her siblings have reached their stride and caught up. She can now resume leading the way to $2400, with Gold pumping right through $1000 to $1120 and Palladium breezing to $650. Silver runs to $22.50 or better. These are my numbers I'd best-guess for March...around Easter, about a week after the next rate cut.

I'm guessing the buck slides to $72.25 and oil pushes over $105.

So says the fool. Believe it or don't.

hugo_danner
02-29-2008, 02:26 AM
I had to sell about 500 ounces of silver to pay some back taxes. Damn, did it hurt!!!! I sold 2 weeks ago at $17, now it's $20. Does anyone think if palladium is used more for cars, will it affect the price of platinum much?

AUfool
02-29-2008, 03:37 AM
I have changed my avatar as a tribute to the late great Boyd Coddington, who died yesterday, leaving behind a legacy of fantastic craftsmanship and automotive imagination. Pictured is his chopped and stretched 1940 Ford Woody wagon, just about my favorite ride.

Regarding my predictions made as of 9pm last night, right now they look mighty good, with Big Sister Pt once again leading the troops to higher ground for the first time in many days...just as I hoped. Happy Leap Day, Boyd!

Here's a link to the full-size uncropped photo of my favorite woody wagon:

http://www.setbb.com/tigercarwash/viewtopic.php?p=11&sid=f720e3e371dc8b870639fba8563ac36c&mforum=tigercarwash

Falcon7
02-29-2008, 03:37 AM
62% of all platinum used to go to automakers for catalytic converters until 2006/2007, while only about 50% of Palladium. It is changing dramatically at the expense of platinum. Now even diesel engines can use Palladium.

source: http://www.nuwireinvestor.com/articles/platinum-a-metal-investment-fit-for-a-king-51370.aspx

AUfool
02-29-2008, 03:51 AM
62% of all platinum used to go to automakers for catalytic converters until 2006/2007, while only about 50% of Palladium. It is changing dramatically at the expense of platinum. Now even diesel engines can use Palladium.

source: http://www.nuwireinvestor.com/articles/platinum-a-metal-investment-fit-for-a-king-51370.aspx

You grossly misquote your source. There is nothing there that states anything about palladium taking over...in fact quite the contrary: The actual quote:

"Palladium, another platinum group metal, can be used in catalytic converters, but platinum works better, particularly in diesel engines. Platinum works better at lower temperatures and sulfur does not collect on platinum as quickly as it does on palladium."

Where do you read this other (dis)information? Catalytic converters typically use some of each and also rhodium. Yes, $9,000 per ounce rhodium. Each metal is used in specific proportions to do specific jobs. If Pd could just take over as you suggest, why in the world would the industry be using Pt and Rh at all? Please don't pass off personal hopes as scientific facts! Especially while giving a source reference which states nothing of the kind!

Kind of sounds like you might have bought Pd at $1000/oz in February 2001...and are still hoping...

NutFlush
02-29-2008, 04:11 AM
I feel Bad Eagle Eye but last week I sold my Pt maple to border gold and got 2150. Same time placed an order for 4 Pd maples. Paid like 200 extra. I bought my Pt at 1550 CDN and sold for 2150 in less than 60 days. I decided good time to sell and switch. Feels great having 3 Oz of Pd compared to 1 of Pt. It s to bad I never got on this train when she was 380 OZ .

NutFlush
02-29-2008, 04:21 AM
You grossly misquote your source. There is nothing there that states anything about palladium taking over...in fact quite the contrary: The actual quote:

"Palladium, another platinum group metal, can be used in catalytic converters, but platinum works better, particularly in diesel engines. Platinum works better at lower temperatures and sulfur does not collect on platinum as quickly as it does on palladium."

Where do you read this other (dis)information? Catalytic converters typically use some of each and also rhodium. Yes, $9,000 per ounce rhodium. Each metal is used in specific proportions to do specific jobs. If Pd could just take over as you suggest, why in the world would the industry be using Pt and Rh at all? Please don't pass off personal hopes as scientific facts! Especially while giving a source reference which states nothing of the kind!

Kind of sounds like you might have bought Pd at $1000/oz in February 2001...and are still hoping...

Actually I wont get into details but the best honeycomb catalytic converters use all three metals. Yes a combination of all three works the best. And since the best emission control cars use honey comb catalytic converter it is safe to say all three metals will be used. http://www.stillwaterpalladium.com/autocatalysts.html

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/catalytic-converter2.htm

http://www.commodityonline.com/news/topstory/newsdetails.php?id=5517

Heres a link stating Pd may now be able to work on Diesel engines. Clearly pD IS A BETTER BUY RIGHT NOW . pT IS WAY OVER BOUGHT.

AUfool
02-29-2008, 04:44 AM
In February 2006, Pt was average $1050 to Pd $300 = 3.5x
In February 2007, Pt was average $1200 to Pd $350 = 3.4x
In February 2008, Pt is presently $2154 to Pd $576 = 3.7x

To say that platinum is grossly overbought compared to palladium is simply not born out by the actual numbers.

AUfool
02-29-2008, 06:00 AM
The folks in Asia and Switzerland are still agreeing with me this morning...

NutFlush
02-29-2008, 06:03 AM
In February 2006, Pt was average $1050 to Pd $300 = 3.5x
In February 2007, Pt was average $1200 to Pd $350 = 3.4x
In February 2008, Pt is presently $2154 to Pd $576 = 3.7x

To say that platinum is grossly overbought compared to palladium is simply not born out by the actual numbers.

Tell me that when Pd is trading at 1000 and Pt still wont be past 2500.

AUfool
02-29-2008, 06:05 AM
Tell me that when Pd is trading at 1000 and Pt still wont be past 2500.

If you are saying that palladium will reach $1000/oz before platinum reaches $2500/oz, I would be happy to take that bet. What do you want to wager?

AUfool
02-29-2008, 06:42 AM
Sure is quiet in here...

AUfool
02-29-2008, 12:37 PM
I will go out on a limb here and say that Friday, Leap Day, will break the sideways downdrift pattern we've seen in Pt this week. I look for a day high of over $2210 and a close between $2165 and $2190...

Well...we haven't made it over $2200 yet today (the day ain't over) but my prediction made last night at 9PM (well before any indications were evident) regarding platinum resuming its lead position in the march upward today sure seems to be ringing true so far. They liked it in Asia and Switzerland and they are loving it in New York today.

Platinum looks strong! Very strong in the face of the others today so far. I'm still waiting for your answer on that bet, NutFlush...

AUfool
02-29-2008, 01:20 PM
It is a very welcome sight indeed for this hoarder of Gold and Platinum exclusively to see that my metals are doing excellently on the first day this week that silver and palladium are showing a need for rest.

I have to admit that my own predictive accuracy has stunned me on this platinum matter so far. It sure looked like Platinum would fall if the others paused, but I bought more yesterday at $100 below spot and today (unusual) I have not the slightest regret or second-thought on the matter.

GO PLATINUM...LEAD THE WAY UP!

Here's what it looked like around what used to be considered "NY Closing" time...

AUfool
02-29-2008, 02:49 PM
In case you fellows missed it, Agstacker posted a very informative article link on platinum vs palladium correlation and usage in cat converters. It definitely agrees and reinforces my arguments that there has been no particular "breakthrough" that is suddenly allowing palladium to "take over" in cats, especially in diesel cats.

It also tends to show that there is no reason behind any idea that palladium should outdo platinum, price gain wise, in the near future. If anything, palladium is simply maintaining its recent extremely tight correlation with platinum pricing.

Palladium, according to this article, is overabundant and broadly sourced with ample reserves while platinum is almost exclusively sourced by troubled South Africa and falling further and further behind in supply/demand with virtually no excess reserves.

Anyway, here's the read:

http://news.goldseek.com/Zealllc/1204306291.php

NutFlush
02-29-2008, 04:55 PM
If you are saying that palladium will reach $1000/oz before platinum reaches $2500/oz, I would be happy to take that bet. What do you want to wager?

Id say Pd will reach 1000 before Pt reaches 2600. Hows that . They both need 400 to go. Il take that bet for 2 Oz silver. As my name suggests i am a gambler. just instead of aces im HOLDING Pd . So pd and Pt need 400 to reach those levels still wanna bet im in. Pd reaches 1000 before Pt reaches 2600 both need about 400 to go.

AUfool
02-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Id say Pd will reach 1000 before Pt reaches 2600. Hows that . They both need 400 to go. Il take that bet for 2 Oz silver. As my name suggests i am a gambler. just instead of aces im HOLDING Pd . So pd and Pt need 400 to reach those levels still wanna bet im in. Pd reaches 1000 before Pt reaches 2600 both need about 400 to go.

Well...so it's $2600 now is it? Bad day today for the palladium camp. Especially those of you who were suggesting Pt was grossly overbought in comparison.

I'll still take that bet, though. The bet will pay off on the day that either metal closes New York (by Kitco's new afterhours standards unless they change back) at or above the stated numbers: $1000/oz bid for Pd or $2600/oz bid for Pt, whichever comes first. The quotes we will use will be Kitco's.

If, by miraculous coincidence (or the breakout of WWIII), both metals exceed their stated closing bid goals for the first time on the same day, we shall determine the winner by which metal closed with the greatest percentage over its target price.

I don't have any silver and am not expecting to get any soon. If you can be more specific about exactly what silver form you are offering to pay in (coin, bar, condition, brand, mint, type, date, etc.) I'll go out of my way to obtain a couple oz in kind just for the outside chance your nutflush comes in.

Personally, my preference would be to make the bet a bit more and very specific: Five 2008 Silver Philharmonics in mint-sealed packages. But if your sense of prudence and convenience only calls for two of a more generic nature, that's fine as well.

What say you, friend? In either case, I think we will both be rather pleased with the prices of our respective horses by payoff day! May the best metal win!

AUfool
02-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Well...I am pleased to report that my prediction for platinum was extremely close to correct once again today. I said it would outdo the other metals today and close between $2165 and $2190. I was off by only $4 or 0.18% and totally correct in predicting platinum's return to pack-leading status today, against all odds.

Hooray for Platinum and Bully for me!

NutFlush
02-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Well...so it's $2600 now is it? Bad day today for the palladium camp. Especially those of you who were suggesting Pt was grossly overbought in comparison.

I'll still take that bet, though. The bet will pay off on the day that either metal closes New York (by Kitco's new afterhours standards unless they change back) at or above the stated numbers: $1000/oz bid for Pd or $2600/oz bid for Pt, whichever comes first. The quotes we will use will be Kitco's.

If, by miraculous coincidence (or the breakout of WWIII), both metals exceed their stated closing bid goals for the first time on the same day, we shall determine the winner by which metal closed with the greatest percentage over its target price.

I don't have any silver and am not expecting to get any soon. If you can be more specific about exactly what silver form you are offering to pay in (coin, bar, condition, brand, mint, type, date, etc.) I'll go out of my way to obtain a couple oz in kind just for the outside chance your nutflush comes in.

Personally, my preference would be to make the bet a bit more and very specific: Five 2008 Silver Philharmonics in mint-sealed packages. But if your sense of prudence and convenience only calls for two of a more generic nature, that's fine as well.

What say you, friend? In either case, I think we will both be rather pleased with the prices of our respective horses by payoff day! May the best metal win!

dONE i ACCEPT np GAME is ON son. gl wISH US BOTH LUCK. maPLE OR sae PLEASE AS THAT IS ALL i HOLD

AUfool
02-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Ok...you can pay in Maples or SAEs. I'd rather buy some Phillies if you will accept those. Are we talking two or five?

NutFlush
02-29-2008, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=AUfool;190811]Ok...you can pay in Maples or SAEs. I'd rather buy some Phillies if you will accept those. Are we talking two or five?[/QUOTE

Two and sounds fair to me. If Pd goes to 1000 ill make 40 000 surely I can afford to throw down a few Of my silver maples. GL

AUfool
02-29-2008, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=AUfool;190811]Ok...you can pay in Maples or SAEs. I'd rather buy some Phillies if you will accept those. Are we talking two or five?[/QUOTE

Two and sounds fair to me. If Pd goes to 1000 ill make 40 000 surely I can afford to throw down a few Of my silver maples. GL

Done deal...two 1oz coins silver SAE, Maple or Philharmonic.

And what the hell do you mean "If"? Don't you mean "When"?

Good luck, buddy...we'll both win in the big picture, I'm sure.

NutFlush
02-29-2008, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=NutFlush;190878]

Done deal...two 1oz coins silver SAE, Maple or Philharmonic.

And what the hell do you mean "If"? Don't you mean "When"?

Good luck, buddy...we'll both win in the big picture, I'm sure.

I wasn't expecting Pd to shoot up so fast like it has. I still need to finish my position. But hey this is great everyday it goes up I'm like WOW this is making me alot of money . For two and a half years Ive been waiting for this.

Thankfully most of my Pd is under the 300 USD range which I feel is quite fair price I paid. So even today I paid over 600 For my Pd purchase all total. Crazy but I'm buying till it reaches the price of Au then Ill stop buying Pd.

Argiros
02-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Thats a shisty deal! Pd has to gain 80% while Pt only 20%?? Bollox!

AUFool, you want a real bet?

I'll make you a real bet: Pd will make a 20% gain faster than Pt will gain 20%. fair is fair. 5 Ag Philharmonics, aussie Kuka, or aussie Lunar (snakes, horses, ox, dragon).

Markets currently at:
-oz Pt $2161
-oz Pd $567

So Pt needs $2593.30 or basicly-> $2593.00 to win
and Pd need $680.40 or basicly-> $680.00 to win

Rules same as yours EXCEPT:
- in event both hit target in same day, bet is a push

What say you matey, sounds like a race, no?

AUfool
03-01-2008, 01:49 AM
Thats a shisty deal! Pd has to gain 80% while Pt only 20%?? Bollox!

AUFool, you want a real bet?

I'll make you a real bet: Pd will make a 20% gain faster than Pt will gain 20%. fair is fair. 5 Ag Philharmonics, aussie Kuka, or aussie Lunar (snakes, horses, ox, dragon).

Markets currently at:
-oz Pt $2161
-oz Pd $567

So Pt needs $2593.30 or basicly-> $2593.00 to win
and Pd need $680.40 or basicly-> $680.00 to win

Rules same as yours EXCEPT:
- in event both hit target in same day, bet is a push

What say you matey, sounds like a race, no?

Due probably to my recently expressed passion for platinum and my very recent and vocal criticisms of those touting palladium with boneheadedly false statements about how it can replace platinum easily in all applications and/or has taken over the diesel cat market...

some of you have apparently concluded that I'm anti-palladium or insanely pro-platinum. Wrong! I own mostly gold.

I think Pd will do well; I just think Pt will do better for quite some time. I have not given my reasons, except the supply/demand picture and, of course, that I own some Pt.

Yes, it will be and already is a very interesting "race" and we all want to ride the best horse(s). As far as bets go, I'm not interested in your offer because, unlike nutflush's wager, yours is way too close to even money as far as what I figure will happen. Also, I am not seeking to become the Kitco bookie here. It's probably frowned on by the mods, I expect.

I only challenged nutflush to put his money where his mouth is as an example of what I believe are some totally unrealistic expectations for palladium based on unscientific and often outrageously false misinformation about its applications.

So, while I am betting on the future price of metals by owning selected quantities of my favored elements, I must decline your kind offer of another wager. In fact, let me be clear that I am not here to bet against other members or to belittle anyone's opinions or metal choices.

I just can't stand idly by when lies are casually passed off and accepted as facts and outrageous claims and predictions are spread around based on the ensuing false beliefs.

NutFlush
03-01-2008, 02:17 AM
Due probably to my recently expressed passion for platinum and my very recent and vocal criticisms of those touting palladium with false statements about how it can replace platinum easily in all applications...

some of you have apparently concluded that I'm anti-palladium or insanely pro-platinum. Wrong! I own mostly gold.

I think Pd will do well; I just think Pt will do better for quite some time. I have not given my reasons, except the supply/demand picture and, of course, that I own some Pt.

Yes, it will be and already is a very interesting "race" and we all want to ride the best horse(s). As far as bets go, I'm not interested in your offer because, unlike nutflush's wager, yours is way too close to even money as far as what I figure will happen. Also, I am not seeking to become the Kitco bookie here. It's probably frowned on by the mods, I expect.

I only challenged nutflush to put his money where his mouth is as an example of what I believe are some totally unrealistic expectations for palladium based on unscientific and often outrageously false misinformation about its applications.

So, while I am betting on the future price of metals by owning selected quantities of my favored elements, I must decline your kind offer of another wager. In fact, let me be clear that I am not here to bet against other members or to belittle any one's opinions or metal choices.

I just can't stand idly by when lies are casually passed off and accepted as facts and outrageous claims and predictions are spread around based on the ensuing false beliefs.

Here take a look at this link . They way you speak about Pt and Pd you would think you do some research. Here's a link of what Pd is used for industrial. There at least 13 major industrial uses. http://www.stillwaterpalladium.com/uses.html

AUfool
03-01-2008, 02:48 AM
Read all of that long ago. I much prefer the in-depth scientific info found on and referred to on JM's website. Also, they have no hidden promotional agenda, since they are involved in all PGMs rather than just Pd.

Palladium is excellent stuff...it has many applications and is extremely important. No argument. When people start saying it can do anything Pt can do and better and cheaper, or saying it will outperform Pt by 4x over the next year, I will argue or, as in your case, NutFlush, place a small friendly wager.

I guess we shall find out what the future holds...in the future!

AUfool
03-03-2008, 01:21 PM
I was totally correct in predicting platinum's return to leader of the pack status. :D

Mozart
03-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I was totally correct in predicting platinum's return to leader of the pack status. :D

AUfool,

Congrats, man. You called it. You ain't no fool, ya know.<g>

AUfool
03-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Could be I'm bruising myself patting my own back in public a bit here. I hope the others will forgive our self-congratulatory in-your-face exuberance and understand that we are (at least I am) simply experiencing that fantastic rush of joy that comes when one makes a large bet, worries deeply that he might be burning himself and then finds great relief in the winning.

Right now I don't think it's going to be possible to lose big by buying/holding physical PMs in the next few months anyway...no matter what you have.

I guess all we're fussing over is how to make the most of this horserace and, for today at least, we platinum-holders do seem to be on the right horse!

AUfool
03-04-2008, 03:11 AM
Wow...I thought today was great. Platinum is up another $50 to $2281 tonight and shooting up fast. We may see $2300 before New York opens if this keeps up!

Little sister Pd is up a couple of bucks as well, but not nearly the percentage of it's sibling. Silver and gold down mildly from NY close.

Looks like the beginnings of another lovely day in the platinum camp!

Mozart
03-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Looks like the beginnings of another lovely day in the platinum camp!

<BAG> (Big-Azzed-Grin)

You bet. And it ain't gonna be just a few lovely days of Pt going nearly vertical...it's gonna be something like 35 days, or so, of straight-up run before it even hiccups. A truly parabolic run.

And I'm right with ya with the journey of making a bet, going through hell, then experiencing the joy of the bet turning out, not only right, but even better than expected!

I'm going and contacting my friends left and right to get them on the Pt train. I'm already headed to Sac with over 20K of my friend's money to invest into Pt for them...for a fee, of course, and I'm turning those fees right into Pt, of course.

AgStacker
03-07-2008, 02:16 PM
I hope these are really good friends....remember you get way more blame than credit.

Pt is making silver look steady these days.

<BAG> (Big-Azzed-Grin)

You bet. And it ain't gonna be just a few lovely days of Pt going nearly vertical...it's gonna be something like 35 days, or so, of straight-up run before it even hiccups. A truly parabolic run.

And I'm right with ya with the journey of making a bet, going through hell, then experiencing the joy of the bet turning out, not only right, but even better than expected!

I'm going and contacting my friends left and right to get them on the Pt train. I'm already headed to Sac with over 20K of my friend's money to invest into Pt for them...for a fee, of course, and I'm turning those fees right into Pt, of course.

Argiros
03-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Pt is making silver look steady these days.

ROFL :D :D that was funny... thanks for the laugh friend!