PDA

View Full Version : hmm, now look whats going on...

gold stacks
02-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Looks as though palladium is getting some action so now there changing the rules???

making it harder to trade??

http://www.mondovisione.com/index.cfm?section=news&action=detail&id=72405

:mad:

Malamute
02-06-2008, 05:05 PM
wow. those are some pretty huge increases.

MyBids
02-06-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm not sure if it makes it harder to trade. How does this compare with other pms? I thought it was a good sign. Like activity was picking up and adjustments needed to be made.

Talin
02-06-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm not sure if it makes it harder to trade. How does this compare with other pms? I thought it was a good sign. Like activity was picking up and adjustments needed to be made.

It doesn't make it harder to trade, but you lose alot of leverage, hence your profits/loses are minimized in comparison.

MyBids
02-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Still hanging around $2 up from NY. We're still looking pretty good for keeping some of the the BIG gain.

genxsis
02-07-2008, 04:41 PM
I get the feeling people just don't really want to deal with it. I was just at a local dealer's store and asked why they charge $60 over spot on palladium, and he told me that the reason for the big premium is because they don't want to get it back. Makes sense. They charge a huge premium so that the customer has to wait til the price increases at least $60 before they can break even. That way, the customer won't sell it back to them.

Now the question is: Why don't they want it? My guess is that they don't see it as mainstream as gold or silver, and don't think the public does either. So they don't think selling it would be very easy. And that makes it hard for [I]me[I] to want to buy it. I don't have any now, but I'd personally like to, since it is about the only metal left that hasn't already skyrocketed.

gold stacks
02-08-2008, 03:54 AM
I get the feeling people just don't really want to deal with it. I was just at a local dealer's store and asked why they charge $60 over spot on palladium, and he told me that the reason for the big premium is because they don't want to get it back. Makes sense. They charge a huge premium so that the customer has to wait til the price increases at least $60 before they can break even. That way, the customer won't sell it back to them.

Now the question is: Why don't they want it? My guess is that they don't see it as mainstream as gold or silver, and don't think the public does either. So they don't think selling it would be very easy. And that makes it hard for [I]me[I] to want to buy it. I don't have any now, but I'd personally like to, since it is about the only metal left that hasn't already skyrocketed.

my coin shop called it "exotic" lol....

all i know is its up in overseas action currently sitting at 427.00

Commoner
02-08-2008, 09:22 PM
When I go to sell I will remember the term EXOTIC and ask for a little extra, and then remind them that they can deal with me or the Russians [LOL]. I do believe that most people on the “street” have no idea what Palladium is….

Genxsis: Try one of the online dealers, you can do far better than $60 above spot.

NutFlush
02-08-2008, 09:38 PM
When I go to sell I will remember the term EXOTIC and ask for a little extra, and then remind them that they can deal with me or the Russians [LOL]. I do believe that most people on the “street” have no idea what Palladium is….

Genxsis: Try one of the online dealers, you can do far better than $60 above spot.

No one owns Au, Ag, ,Pt let alone Pd. Pd is probably the rarest investment bullion on this planet. Actually I would bet that it is the rarest, meaning Pd per capita in Western worlds is lower than Au, or Pt per capita. So if you own 1 ounce Pd your doing better than 100 000 other people

Malamute
02-08-2008, 09:49 PM
People didnt know what platinum was until they made the credit card. ;)

Just means to me, good time to buy while everyone else has been sleeping. :D

NutFlush
02-08-2008, 09:55 PM
People didnt know what platinum was until they made the credit card. ;)

Just means to me, good time to buy while everyone else has been sleeping. :D

They need a Palladium Card makes sence . I like it .

Commoner
02-08-2008, 10:05 PM
I’m on that one: I have seen Capitol One advertisements that say you can make your own credit card (photo ect.) – Mine will have a Credit Suies (sp) bar, and a Pamp bar flanking each side of a Maple.
They need a Palladium Card makes sence . I like it .