PDA

View Full Version : This is going to hit 2K no problems

Karlus
01-31-2008, 01:08 PM
I am bummed I didn't load up more when I had a chance.

ts1089
01-31-2008, 01:15 PM
I hear ya.
was at a coin show jan 19, guy had an ounce,was asking $1555.
ALMOST snagged it, but bought more gold instead. ;)
oh well, at least I'm getting back some of the premium for the 10th ann. set sitting here.......:)

nevadagold
01-31-2008, 01:37 PM
Platinum is starting to make gold and silver look weak. Just goes to show how manipulated COMEX metals are compared to NYMEX metals. Palladium also starting to get going as well now..

HotRod
01-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Sorry guys, I know this is off topic but saw your Nevada Avatar and assuming you live there.
Great friend of mine just sold his house in Atlanta, Got a Job with the Nevada
DOT designing landscapes/roads etc.
He will live in Minden outside of Reno.
He wants to take his $300,000 house equity and buy a $600,000 house in Minden with Mountain views and all that. I keep telling him to reduce his debt as things do not look well but he insists his job is secure and his wife does software design out of the house.
Nevada is one of the top foreclosure states due I think mainly because of Las Vegas. What are the conditions out in Nevada?????? I am flying out to RENO with him the week of Feb. 11th to look at houses in Minden.
My friend does not frequent the gold sites and has no real understanding of the instability of our entire economy right now.
Thanks.

Karlus
01-31-2008, 02:19 PM
If you click the navadagold namelink, it has a dropdown to send a private message.

ZEOHSIX
01-31-2008, 05:55 PM
Nevada real estate rocketed upward with wave of California retirees going to Reno/Carson City/Minden/Gardenerville for state income tax exemption and good deals. California home prices drove pricing in these areas up higher. I would sit it out for a while or put minumum down with remainder of sale proceeds sitting in PMS to ride out the storm. There will be "deals" to be had for quite a while in the Real Estate markets wherever you live (unless it is in Canada's tar sands provences.)

love that gold
01-31-2008, 11:19 PM
jmho, but I would wait and rent a home for the first 6 months or so, just to get a feel for the area, and the homes going up for sale.

silver fox told me one time, and I believe it to be true....DYODD!

What is the hurry in buying a house asap? you have one year before you need to purchase, and in that year, many things may happen.

Of course, this is NONE of my business, but dont' put the cart in front of the horse ( or house in this instance ) LOL

Good Luck in your new venture in Nevada.

btw, I love Nevada, but wouldn't wanna live there.

nevadagold
02-02-2008, 09:02 AM
Vegas is taking a hit but this was too be expected as way too much supply showed up on the market. I live up here near Lake Tahoe and prices have come down maybe 10% or so from the peak but it didn't get crazy here with price appreciation. There is likely some further downside in property values but land here is quite unique compared to the rest of the country.

wrestlingbulls
02-04-2008, 11:57 AM
just hit 1800, i would say platinum is doing better than gold now and in the long run

Karlus
02-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Alot sooner than anyone thought

FeboWebo
02-12-2008, 02:49 AM
I am bummed I didn't load up more when I had a chance.

WHO ISN'T...

Do not Chase It Though..!

my 2 cents

dtrvler
02-12-2008, 03:00 AM
but this bull will probably crash right through it.

Heruur
02-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Hehe it DID today, February, 13, 2008!!! Go PT!!!!

Karlus
02-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Even when they restore power/production I do not see this dropping a significant amount if at all. I think people are waking up to the fact that there is just not that much mined and free to go around.

Platinum fun fact: It takes an average of 14 tons of ore mined to yield one ounce....

FeboWebo
02-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Even when they restore power/production I do not see this dropping a significant amount if at all. I think people are waking up to the fact that there is just not that much mined and free to go around.

Platinum fun fact: It takes an average of 14 tons of ore mined to yield one ounce....

I thought it was roughly 10 tons for PT

Still a lot of tonnage compared to AG at 3 tons