PDA

View Full Version : When will Rhodium start going up in price?

GGirl
02-13-2013, 05:42 AM
Palladium and Platinum have started going up in price due to supply shortages. A great deal of what Palladium and Platinum is used for are catalytic converters. I wonder why Rhodium is also not going up since it is also used for catalytic converters. Does anyone have any explanation as to why the price of Rhodium is so flat?

midiman
02-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Nope.

It's a great time to buy some.

I really need it to start doing something :(

Carssman1
02-14-2013, 10:41 AM
MOTOCAT, where art thou MOTOCAT!

Great call buddy.,.

closing in on them premiums for all that RH I bought a month ago

motocat
02-15-2013, 12:18 AM
MOTOCAT, where art thou MOTOCAT!

Great call buddy.,.

closing in on them premiums for all that RH I bought a month ago

Well, no joke, it was my cats call -- details of how she indicates would venture into the occult. She also made a palladium buy calls back in the fall (at under $600 an oz), and gold at $1530 in May of last year (while others fled), and more, including a ~$700 call in late '08. We'll see if her rhodium call is as good. (All calls made here on Kitco -- but think you may be one of only two other people/groups, who give a magical cats call any notice -- so I'm glad if it may have helped you decide to buy; secret I mentioned only once back in May with the $1530 call -- is that the other "group" has some influence in market direction in the Asian market & they take humor on a cat beating the experts and seemingly always getting it right; it's my last reminder of that little detail - anyone reading this, don't let the cat out of the bag!).

midiman
02-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Well, no joke, it was my cats call -- details of how she indicates would venture into the occult. She also made a palladium buy calls back in the fall (at under $600 an oz), and gold at $1530 in May of last year (while others fled), and more, including a ~$700 call in late '08. We'll see if her rhodium call is as good. (All calls made here on Kitco -- but think you may be one of only two other people/groups, who give a magical cats call any notice -- so I'm glad if it may have helped you decide to buy; secret I mentioned only once back in May with the $1530 call -- is that the other "group" has some influence in market direction in the Asian market & they take humor on a cat beating the experts and seemingly always getting it right; it's my last reminder of that little detail - anyone reading this, don't let the cat out of the bag!).

What's you cat saying because I need money here.

Carssman1
02-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Pretty Quiet in here, I thought I would share some optimism

From a guy who is really accurate

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/moriarty/moriarty022213.html

Enjoy!

estriker
02-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Great article, thanks for sharing

Legio Patria Nostra
02-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Since Rhodium is a 100% industrial metal .... or very close to that ....
World-wide economy is stagering ...so Rhodium is to
In short ...we won't see a nice increase as long that the economy stays like it is today ... global predictions are ...growth around 2% for the next year ...

midiman
02-28-2013, 05:17 AM
Pretty Quiet in here, I thought I would share some optimism

From a guy who is really accurate

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/moriarty/moriarty022213.html

Enjoy!

We need this.

Carssman1
02-28-2013, 11:03 AM
and to further add fule to the Rhodium fire.

This just in

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-28/rhodium-beating-platinum-to-palladium-on-car-sales-commodities.html

I see Rhodium as the best metal investment out there right now, its sleeper but when it movesm it moves!

Considering the cost comapred to the other PM's. A guy should almost consider rolling any profits from silver/gold into Rhodium, i know I have and continue to do so.

estriker
02-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Awesome. I bought 20 oz @ 1225 and thinking of adding 10 or so more

midiman
02-28-2013, 06:27 PM
Good article.

I purchase Rh just after the crash and back on the rise.

So my avg is around $2200.

I believe it's a loaded coil waiting to go off again.

But this oversupply and recycling is holding us back.

The bit about the oversupply going in to 2019 isn't good. :(

I like the way Baird are saying that they can't keep up with the demand for their bars. It means that investors are aware of Rh.

But we are not enough to move the market. As the article states, all it needs is a big player to come in with a sizeable buy.

It doesn't take much for Rh to move. And once the ball starts rolling, these manufacturers will start buying again because they don't want to be buying it when it's going up.

BigNugget
03-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Awesome. I bought 20 oz @ 1225 and thinking of adding 10 or so more
That was nice price for what you paid for Rhodium. Did you include premium in the price? I plan to get some but high premium kind of hold me back. Our host and golden eagle both have them with high premium.

Anyone care to share where to get low premium on Rhodium bars?

estriker
03-03-2013, 06:00 PM
That was nice price for what you paid for Rhodium. Did you include premium in the price? I plan to get some but high premium kind of hold me back. Our host and golden eagle both have them with high premium.

Anyone care to share where to get low premium on Rhodium bars?

Yes, but I bought it in pool account. Low premium and liquid.

fl57caveman
03-22-2013, 10:24 AM
and if it ever returns to $10,000 an oz, for pete;'s sake, SELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hp200se
03-22-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm holding platinum long term, and plan to hold rhodium long term.

But I've decided to sell rhodium in the short term if it goes gangbusters. Its my 'sell anytime' metal.

I squandered my chances to buy when it was around $1,100/ounce, but I finally bought 2 baird bars last weekend. I'm fortunate in that 'eagle' is a LCS for me. Simple cash transaction with no shipping logistics. Its actually the first time i've ever bought any metal offline.

I'm going to to buy some each month at these prices.

Slow and steady.

silvercoinboy
03-23-2013, 06:59 PM
Baird directly at $90 over spot, min 25 bars