PDA

View Full Version : $600 Rhodium

CheGuevara
06-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Coming soon, folks, to a theater near you.

There is a massive surplus of this metal and if you look at the charts, we are in a secular bear market for rhodium that is only going to get uglier. This is not the bottom. We aren't even near a bottom.

The auto companies already have all the rhodium they need. And then some. Plus, debt crises don't exactly encourage the selling of automobiles. Rhodium -it would have been awesome if this was a good investment, but it is OVER for this puppy.

Just my opinion.

Che

hp200se
06-04-2012, 07:18 AM
I'm thinking of picking some up soon. I don't know the rhodium market very well but I would assume its going to stay low for a few years. Buying a few pieces here and there now could have nice rewards in 5 - 10 years.

Everyone obviously would like to buy at the absolute bottom, but even if I knew where that was, I'd expect a bit of a paradox when it comes, in that I'd not be able to get any. I don't see why a dealer would sell it for anything significantly lower than a grand when they purchased it much higher and if there was a decent chance it would be up again in a few years.

/shrug

midiman
06-06-2012, 04:08 AM
Do you see PT or PD doing well?

This is what I have to say to anyone that wants to buy now.

1. Look at the price that RH fell from and went to.

2. Then look at it's recovery.

3. Look at the price it has fallen to again. (This is 2008 part 2)

4. Now think of the recovery.

Whether automotive companies are in surplus or not. It's not by an infinite amount and they will need to buy.

They would rather be buying at these levels than at a later date. ;)

So as soon as the PGMs move, they will have to buy.

CheGuevara
06-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Do you see PT or PD doing well?

This is what I have to say to anyone that wants to buy now.

1. Look at the price that RH fell from and went to.

2. Then look at it's recovery.

3. Look at the price it has fallen to again. (This is 2008 part 2)

4. Now think of the recovery.

Whether automotive companies are in surplus or not. It's not by an infinite amount and they will need to buy.

They would rather be buying at these levels than at a later date. ;)

So as soon as the PGMs move, they will have to buy.

I don't really see Pt or Pd doing well, I think Pt might be the most conservative investment of the three and it is close in value to the cost of extraction. Pd has gotten expensive. Of the three, I would vote for Pt.

If you look at the long-term charts of rhodium, it has a tendency to collapse in price for a long time before spiking again.

Even with a full-on economic recovery, the conditions aren't there to see a huge price increase because of the massive oversupply. We also have a young generation in the US that is not very interested in buying cars. Add in massive smog in the large Chinese cities and something has to give.

CheGuevara
11-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Although I've been right so far on Rh since I made the original post, the outlook for Rh has since brightened due to the strikes and moved into a supply deficit of 40k oz's. So that makes me much more optimistic that Rh has seen its bottom. If I had the spare cash I would go for it but you need a 2.5k minimum order and I just spilled 1.8k for a Pt bar. Hopefully rhodium will stay low for a while so I can get some :)

Carssman1
11-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Although I've been right so far on Rh since I made the original post, the outlook for Rh has since brightened due to the strikes and moved into a supply deficit of 40k oz's. So that makes me much more optimistic that Rh has seen its bottom. If I had the spare cash I would go for it but you need a 2.5k minimum order and I just spilled 1.8k for a Pt bar. Hopefully rhodium will stay low for a while so I can get some :)

http://www.kitco.com/reports/KitcoNews20121112AS_breaking_palladium.html

Looks like I know what to buy with my X-mas bonus this year :)

Baird and Co. anyone?

CheGuevara
11-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Just surprised rh hasn't seen upward movement from the strikes. Obviously the strikes don't seem to worry the car companies much. It must be outside buyers who are bidding up pt and pd.

I guess the car companies already have huge supplies of rhodium from the last few years' surpluses.

CheGuevara
07-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Things look pretty bleak for Rh. I'm of the school of thought that it will be like the 90's where the price went from $5300 to $200. That was a 96% decline. So look for a price between $400 to $600 over the next couple years if we have a similar drop.

darkseid1998
07-19-2013, 07:57 PM

There is a massive surplus of this metal and if you look at the charts, we are in a secular bear market for rhodium that is only going to get uglier. This is not the bottom. We aren't even near a bottom.

The auto companies already have all the rhodium they need. And then some. Plus, debt crises don't exactly encourage the selling of automobiles. Rhodium -it would have been awesome if this was a good investment, but it is OVER for this puppy.

Just my opinion.

Che

Don't have any Rh but if it does get to that level, i'm going to get me 20 of these and hold on to them until they spike back up to $10K.

absum
08-10-2013, 11:20 PM

Just my opinion.

Che

charts dont automaticly repeat. i dont know why everyone thinks this?

janderson
08-13-2013, 03:08 PM
charts dont automaticly repeat. i dont know why everyone thinks this?

Well I'm guessing they must be Millionaires because they seem to know the future.

As for me I have no clue what will happen in 1 minute.:confused: I'm a buyer of RH ! 20 bars and counting ! :D

CheGuevara
01-24-2016, 10:09 PM
Well, here we are at $650 rhodium... I still think this is a metal to avoid for some time. Could be a great investment later. Good luck.

Che

darkseid1998
01-27-2016, 02:51 AM
Since that new Rhodium ETF came out last year prices have sunken lower. There has been lots of naked short selling on this ETF to bring the prices even lower for the speculators and those speculators usually work in favor of the big industries such as the auto industry so that their costs can come down. Since no one is buying cars now, they had to bring the costs down so Wall ST ETF traders naked short this commodity even if there is a shortage so that auto companies can buy Rhodium at a third of the price it would have costed them with a free floating market in Rhodium. The supplies would run out eventually because these rigged ETF prices suggest that Rhodium is as common as silver or copper.

The Sage
01-27-2016, 08:46 AM
Well, here we are at $650 rhodium... I still think this is a metal to avoid for some time. Could be a great investment later. Good luck.

Che

Why do you think this way? Beyond "luck" . . I'd appreciate a deeper understanding.

You certainly made the right call with this thread . . . I just looked and it was double the current amount back then. . . your Crystal Ball was clear that day.

CheGuevara
01-27-2016, 01:54 PM
Why do you think this way? Beyond "luck" . . I'd appreciate a deeper understanding.

You certainly made the right call with this thread . . . I just looked and it was double the current amount back then. . . your Crystal Ball was clear that day.

Thank you, well my crystal ball is right half time ;)

The car companies aren't stockpiling more rhodium right now so the only path is down. Once rhodium hits parity with palladium it will have found a bottom since rhodium can be substituted for palladium. However palladium has its own problems right now with emerging market slowdown. So both metals may hit $400, and that could be a bottom. That's just my best guess. Good luck to ya.

Che

darkseid1998
02-02-2016, 09:56 AM

The car companies aren't stockpiling more rhodium right now so the only path is down. Once rhodium hits parity with palladium it will have found a bottom since rhodium can be substituted for palladium. However palladium has its own problems right now with emerging market slowdown. So both metals may hit $400, and that could be a bottom. That's just my best guess. Good luck to ya.

Che

Judging the low price of Rhodium being lower than gold, are these Wall ST people suggesting that there is more Rhodium on earth than gold or platinum? I don't think that Rhodium should be priced this low, unless the elite are trying to buy it on the cheap.

DutchSilver
02-04-2016, 08:05 AM
Judging the low price of Rhodium being lower than gold, are these Wall ST people suggesting that there is more Rhodium on earth than gold or platinum? I don't think that Rhodium should be priced this low, unless the elite are trying to buy it on the cheap.

Sorry but the elite don't know about Rhodium at all, Palladium neither....They will never buy into those metals.
These are purely industrial metals, not seen as precious by most people.
Those markets are even smaller than the silver market, hence the rather large moves.

Rhodium9000
02-17-2016, 12:09 PM
I think we have already seen a bottom for rhodium, the price has been going up in the last week for both the ETFs and the physical. I suspect we will see $1200 before we see $600.

CheGuevara
02-18-2016, 04:18 PM
I think we have already seen a bottom for rhodium, the price has been going up in the last week for both the ETFs and the physical. I suspect we will see $1200 before we see $600.

I think we could see a bounce to $800, but anything beyond that could be an uphill battle.

Rhodium9000
03-17-2017, 09:49 AM
I think we could see a bounce to $800, but anything beyond that could be an uphill battle.

Wrong again.

absum
03-24-2017, 02:07 PM

Che
Agree with what you said

sandro1979
03-24-2017, 03:16 PM
Agree with what you said

It's already 50% up. Please wake up...

Rhodium9000
08-19-2017, 07:48 PM
Wrong again.

motocat
08-30-2019, 02:35 AM

Che

Blast from the not to distant past folks, Thread talk of big Rhodium at $600 something, and how it's in such great surplus, no need to stockpile it. These car companies must be fools not to have done so knowing how it is needed. Not like they have not seen spikes before. I don't get it -- except if there are very many incompetent types in charge of industry decisions. That's what it must be -- incompetence all round the world, with rich and poor alike.

midiman
08-30-2019, 03:34 AM
Blast from the not to distant past folks, Thread talk of big Rhodium at $600 something, and how it's in such great surplus, no need to stockpile it. These car companies must be fools not to have done so knowing how it is needed. Not like they have not seen spikes before. I don't get it -- except if there are very many incompetent types in charge of industry decisions. That's what it must be -- incompetence all round the world, with rich and poor alike.

Some of these people make me chuckle because I bet they wish they scooped up 20ozs when now they were giving us their predictions.

Rh is all about market and supply.

Cast you mind back to when Rh was $10K. No one could touch it apart from the big companies and the demand was there. Then one of the biggest crashes in history hit the world markets!!! This caused everyone to dump practically every asset they owned.

People stopped buying, demand dwindled, companies would have been mad to purchase RH.

Some thought that they would be clever and use what they could get their hands on too.

Then we had the emissions scandal and stricter guidelines. Now they don't have the scope to play about like they did and they could run into problems if demand increases.

RH is like this, don't watch the price get out of hand of else you will find it difficult to get back in.

Some of the investors on here are mad!! look at what a punt on $900 Rh would have returned compared to a 1oz Gold over the same period of time.

In two days RH has just made me more than what I get paid for 2 months of hard labour and we are still no where near the heights of $10K.

This is one of the most expensive metals in the world and investors have been ignoring it for years.

Would you walk past the chance to buy a Gold Rolex Daytona at $5000 when you know that they used to sell at $30,000 and could again one day.

motocat
08-30-2019, 10:41 AM
Some of these people make me chuckle because I bet they wish they scooped up 20ozs when now they were giving us their predictions......

Thing is, you also had all these people preaching (or just parroting) that the shot to $10K was a due to very special once in history coincidence of events, would never repeat itself. Where are these people now? Why do people say things they really know nothing about? At $5K, we are half way to the moon now. I got some Rh for cheap myself, but sold all at $3K, even though my original reasoning for getting was due that $10K shot. I'll be more even more patient, and less apt to believe anyone in the future -- simply buy low, sell high, so much fake news and reports only throws you off from that.

midiman
08-30-2019, 11:36 AM
Thing is, you also had all these people preaching (or just parroting) that the shot to $10K was a due to very special once in history coincidence of events, would never repeat itself. Where are these people now? Why do people say things they really know nothing about? At $5K, we are half way to the moon now. I got some Rh for cheap myself, but sold all at $3K, even though my original reasoning for getting was due that $10K shot. I'll be more even more patient, and less apt to believe anyone in the future -- simply buy low, sell high, so much fake news and reports only throws you off from that.

I said that i'm here to $10K or more.

There is no point in selling at anything else because thats when you are in the big boys club and most people will not be able to afford 1oz.

I doubt it most people can now.

Don't miss the boat.

maxwellsilverhammer
08-30-2019, 06:31 PM
I said that i'm here to $10K or more.

There is no point in selling at anything else because thats when you are in the big boys club and most people will not be able to afford 1oz.

I doubt it most people can now.

Don't miss the boat.

i am with moto on this one. i kick myself every day these days but will not buy at 5k an ounce. i will buy 20 ounces if it ever goes back to 1200 and sit on it waiting for 10 k again.

midiman
08-31-2019, 01:57 AM
i am with moto on this one. i kick myself every day these days but will not buy at 5k an ounce. i will buy 20 ounces if it ever goes back to 1200 and sit on it waiting for 10 k again.

Now that would need a miracle from above at this moment in time.

maxwellsilverhammer
08-31-2019, 08:54 AM
Now that would need a miracle from above at this moment in time.

yes it would, but you are getting your miracle right now. congrats for strong hands

forcho130
09-06-2019, 09:18 AM
Well, it's no joke that it's going to be a bumpy ride. Traders are clearly still in control of this thin market. Rhodium down nearly $1000 in a week. Still, the medium term looks bullish to me, so I'm holding out.

midiman
09-09-2019, 05:53 AM
Well, it's no joke that it's going to be a bumpy ride. Traders are clearly still in control of this thin market. Rhodium down nearly $1000 in a week. Still, the medium term looks bullish to me, so I'm holding out.

Yep I'm not smiling anymore.

RH is being tinkered by the big boys and I can't afford to day trade it.

So I just have to sit and watch $10,000 come and go. It's just far too risky for me to sell as the price could skyrocket again.

This requires nerves of steel once the price starts getting over and above $4000 and you have quite a few oz's in the low $1000's.

midiman
04-17-2020, 11:31 AM

Just my opinion.

Che

Give me the address of once of those Theatres Che.