PDA

View Full Version : Rhodium 1 ounce bar.

Holy_Peanuts
04-29-2012, 06:42 PM
I had never seen one of these before and thought I would share. Been alot of talk about buying rhodium bullion, I had no idea Baird and Co minted these..

Enjoy, sorry for the slight blurr.

Copperhead
04-30-2012, 07:45 AM
They market rhodium rounds too. Very high premium on them. $1885 each. Is this the Cohen Mint?

Seamster
05-08-2012, 01:21 PM
I saw them but I'm leery. I remember a couple years ago a guy was selling rhodium and I bid an won one. I didn't pay though because during that time I'd contacted a few people who'd bought from him and they said the .999 rhodium was only like 20% rhodium and the rest was silver and lead. The guy was kicked out off a few days after that.

This company seems legit but it looks like they don't even have the bars on hand. After they get your money then they'll take that money and order the bars? Plus I've never heard of them.

I'll stick with the Kitco Pool, thank you.

MyBids
05-09-2012, 01:58 PM
They market rhodium rounds too. Very high premium on them. $1885 each. Is this the Cohen Mint?

No, Cohen Mint's bars have Cohen Mint on them.

Aurumhead
06-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Received mine from Baird and Co last week. they have now changed the packaging and it now looks like the Pamp Bars. If you live in the EU you have to pay the VAT but the upside looks enormous in the long run.

Taxin
06-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Just looked at the 10 year chart Holy Molly :eek: I will leave it at that

midiman
06-28-2012, 04:43 AM
Just looked at the 10 year chart Holy Molly :eek: I will leave it at that

Small price to pay with a lot of upside.

Wait till the recovery starts.

When the price starts to move many people will not be able to get on the ladder.

Taxin
06-29-2012, 07:39 PM
I was kinda thinking about it a few years ago when it was a couple of grand but was never aware it had been at $10,000.00 Don't get me wrong not knockin it or anybody buying it was just kinda suprised I do look once in a while unfotunately doesn't look so good right now

midiman
06-30-2012, 02:18 AM
Right now, not many things look good.

Are you going to wait until they do? :rolleyes:

Taxin
07-03-2012, 03:53 PM
I don't know I keep finding myself back here it may be an omen LOL
and you are right not much does look good might have to keep an eye out

motocat
01-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Nothing will ever look good for many here. However, both Platinum and Palladium have been doing very well over the last several months, better than gold, but Rhodium still way down, and the bar still at $1350. Time to add to the metal collection in my opinion, before these bottom prices are also gone in Rhodium.

Carssman1
01-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Nothing will ever look good for many here. However, both Platinum and Palladium have been doing very well over the last several months, better than gold, but Rhodium still way down, and the bar still at $1350. Time to add to the metal collection in my opinion, before these bottom prices are also gone in Rhodium.

The same could be said though about Rhodium moving lower,, If it hasnt had the legs to move with all the bullish sentiment about the PGM's over the last year, she might be in a real bear market and could head significantly lower, lower than anyone would even care to consider.

motocat
01-17-2013, 03:53 PM
The same could be said though about Rhodium moving lower,, If it hasnt had the legs to move with all the bullish sentiment about the PGM's over the last year, she might be in a real bear market and could head significantly lower, lower than anyone would even care to consider.

O.K., but funny thing is, shortly after buying bars today, Rhodium goes up $25 an oz. Is it the luck of the cat? (Signs from her are the real determiners of my buys on dips). Got Palladium in early November for $600 for bars and then just up, got gold in May 12' at the very bottom dip $1530, and then just up, as with more recently at $1630, and then just up, not to mention back in 08' at ~$700, and then just up. I've announced these "cat" buy times (except 08' before I was on these forums) here on Kitco - so anyone can verify not making up after the fact. Also, with gold cats help, I played the Kitco weekly gold guessing contest, and won 8 times in 2012 as a rookie (cat signaled plays won 4 out of 4!) -- well over the winning amount of any other player in 12'. So I don't know what's up here -- but I would never bet against the cat!

Carssman1
01-17-2013, 04:38 PM
O.K., but funny thing is, shortly after buying bars today, Rhodium goes up $25 an oz. Is it the luck of the cat? (Signs from her are the real determiners of my buys on dips). Got Palladium in early November for $600 for bars and then just up, got gold in May 12' at the very bottom dip $1530, and then just up, as with more recently at $1630, and then just up, not to mention back in 08' at ~$700, and then just up. I've announced these "cat" buy times (except 08' before I was on these forums) here on Kitco - so anyone can verify not making up after the fact. Also, with gold cats help, I played the Kitco weekly gold guessing contest, and won 8 times in 2012 as a rookie (cat signaled plays won 4 out of 4!) -- well over the winning amount of any other player in 12'. So I don't know what's up here -- but I would never bet against the cat!

Fair enough, is that your gold cat in your Avatar?

good cat calls, I need a gold cat, my dog sheds too much!

CheGuevara
01-17-2013, 11:12 PM

Yeah, it's a concern, I'm surprised it hasn't moved higher as well. Probably bad news. Still think it could hit $650 or so. But maybe this will be the bottom after all.

The car companies are showing no urgency and just buying what they need right now. No stockpiling, so rhodium is probably plentiful. It's just investors stockpiling because they think it's cheap. But is it?

motocat
01-18-2013, 12:59 AM
Yeah, it's a concern, I'm surprised it hasn't moved higher as well. Probably bad news. Still think it could hit $650 or so. But maybe this will be the bottom after all.

The car companies are showing no urgency and just buying what they need right now. No stockpiling, so rhodium is probably plentiful. It's just investors stockpiling because they think it's cheap. But is it?

It's considerably rarer than more expensive sister platinum, has similar uses, and paper is easy to get; so yeah, it is cheap -- and also nice to have in a metals collection. Of course, if I got burned buying it in sponge form at several thousand , I wouldn't be going back, sort of like avoiding a crazy ex girlfriend. But the upside is just to good to ignore -- and even if it went down to 50% of what it is now because of some short term oversupply -- wouldn't phase me or the cat; as it's just an entertaining show piece next to gold, the real beauty. Finally, the cat thing is no joke, so we'll see.

Carssman1
01-18-2013, 09:57 AM
It's considerably rarer than more expensive sister platinum, has similar uses, and paper is easy to get; so yeah, it is cheap -- and also nice to have in a metals collection. Of course, if I got burned buying it in sponge form at several thousand , I wouldn't be going back, sort of like avoiding a crazy ex girlfriend. But the upside is just to good to ignore -- and even if it went down to 50% of what it is now because of some short term oversupply -- wouldn't phase me or the cat; as it's just an entertaining show piece next to gold, the real beauty. Finally, the cat thing is no joke, so we'll see.

I love that Cat, I too took the plunge today,,, I already have a oz of sponge,, I bought 4 oz pool and one bar for sh&ts and giggles..

Looking at the ten year chart,., it appears we are indeed at a bottom,, The bottom was below a thousand ten years ago but considering inflation, i think we are at, near or very close, it hasnt broke 1100 yet...

Now I am up to 6 oz total.. I like the pool for instant sell,,, and I too have some physical to bragg with.

Rhodium is taxed in Canada BTW and the bank wire fee sucks,, but my cost ave on the 5 oz bought today are 1370 per,

Hehehe,, up to PLUS 50 now on the day,,,, Pool account is going to sweet, I liked it back in 08 playing PT in the pool.